PRIEURE DU MONASTIR DEL CAMP
- 66300 - PASSA
|Phone||+33 4 68 38 80 71|+33 4 68 38 71 24|
|GPS cordonates||Lat : 42.5861451 -- Long : 2.82453910|
Monastir del Camp in Catalan means 'The Monastery Camp', in reference to the victory of Charlemagne over the Saracens.
The 'Monastery Camp' belonged to the community of Thuir.
Founded at the request of Charlemagne after his victory against the Saracens, he actually welcomed the community 'Del Camp' on the orders of Artal II, Bishop of Elne in 1116.
The priory of the 11th and 13th centuries was classified Historic Monument by Prosper Mérimée in 1862.